- Specific Drug
- As prescribed
- At room temperature
Cyclophosphamide is a chemotherapy drug, used to treat variety of cancer including lymphomas; cancers of the ovary, breast and bladder; and a type of leukemia known as chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. It stops the growth and division of cancer cells by sticking into the end of the cancer cell's DNA strands.
How it is Administered
- Cyclophosphamide is usually directly injected into the veins ( intravenous) through a fine tube, cannula
- By drip (intravenous infusion) through a cannula or line.
- It is also available in tablet form that may be administered orally
The prostate cancer drugs is associated with some of the side effects that an individual may experience during the treatment. The medicine responds differently to different individual according their immune system and the type of cancer they are suffering from. If you experience any of the following side effects please contact your doctor immediately.
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Bruising or bleeding
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Irritation of the bladder lining
- Hair loss
- Your liver may be temporarily affected
- Skin changes
- Contact your nurse or doctor in case you experience hot flushes, dizziness, a strange taste and a feeling of having a blocked nose when the drug is being administered
- Tell your doctor about the other medicines your are using, including OTC medicines and herbal supplements
- It is important to discuss about your fertility with the doctor before starting the treatment
- It is not advisable to become pregnant or father during the course of treatment
- 100 Per Week
- 1-2 Week
C-2/009, Rutu Estate, Patlipada, G. B. Road Thane (West), Thane, Thane, Maharashtra, 400607, India