Dosage : 50mg, 100mg
How it is Administered:
Etoposide is available in the form of pale-pink capsule that should be swallowed whole.
Different individuals react to the chemotherapy drugs in different ways. Many people may experience few side effects while the others may experience more. The side effects caused by these drugs are temporary and comes to an end with the treatment.
Following are the few of the most common side effects:
- Bruising or bleeding
- Anaemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Hair loss
- Feeling sick (nausea) and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Sore mouth and ulcers
- Taste changes
- Tiredness and feeling weak.
- After the course of the treatment there is a rapid increase in the blood cell that has to return to its normal count before the next course of chemotherapy. Contact your doctor immediately if:
- Your temperature rises above 38ÂºC (100.5ÂºF)
- You suddenly feel unwell even at the room temperature
- Tell your doctor about all the medicine you use including prescription & non-prescription drugs and herbal remedies.
- Your ability to become pregnant or father of the child might be affected by the use of the drug.
- It is not advisable to become pregnant or father with the course of the treatment. The use of drug pose a major risk of damage to the developing fetus.
C-2/009, RUTU ESTATE, PATLI PADA, G.B. ROAD, Thane, Maharashtra, 400607, India