- Specific Drug
- As prescribed
- At room temperature
Hydroxycarbamide, formerly known as hydroxyurea, is a chemotherapy drug used for the treatment of various types of cancers. The drug directly affects the rapidly dividing cancerous cell. It is mostly used for the treatment of type of leukemia known as chronic myeloid leukaemia, cancer of the cervix and some pre-cancerous conditions.
Dosage : Hydroxycarbamide 500mg
How it is Administered The capsule should be swallowed whole with the water.
The effect of the medicine differs from person to person based on resistance power and stage of the cancer. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Bruising or bleeding
- Anaemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Raised levels of uric acid in the blood
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Contact you doctor immediately if your body temperature rises above 1000F.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history and other prescription & non-prescription drugs that you take.
- Discuss with the doctor, if you are planning to become pregnant or father of a child
- If you fall sick after taking the medicine, inform your doctor, you may not need to take another dose.
- Take the medicine exactly as recommended by the doctor.
- If you forget to take the capsule, do not take double dose.
- Store the capsule in a cool dry place.
- 100 Per Week
- 1-2 Week
C-2/009, Rutu Estate, Patlipada, G. B. Road Thane (West), Thane, Thane, Maharashtra, 400607, India