Oxaliplatin is a platinum based chemotherapy drugs, mainly used for the treatment of bowel cancer (colorectal cancers). Also known as Eloxatin, it is used for treatment of other cancers too.
Dosage :Oxaliplatin 50mg/25ml, Oxaliplatin 100mg/50ml
How it is Administered
The platinum based cancer drugs is directly injected in the veins in form of drip (infusion) through a fine needle, cannula. It can also be given through a central line (a tube inserted into a vein in the chest) or a PICC line (a tube inserted into the crook of your arm).
The possible side effects of the drug are given below. However, it is always advised to immediately contact your doctor in case any of the symptoms persist.
- Numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- Lowered resistance to infection
- Bruising or bleeding
- Anaemia (low number of red blood cells)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tiredness and feeling weak
- Oxaliplatin may cause pain at the point of injections
- Tell your doctor about any other medications you take including prescription, over-the-counter, vitamins and herbal remedies
- It is advisable to discuss any plans of child birth with your doctor
C-2/009, RUTU ESTATE, PATLI PADA, G.B. ROAD, Thane, Maharashtra, 400607, India