How to Use
Pravastatin comes in tablet format for oral intake. It is taken once a day independent of food intake. Take Pravastatin at the same time every day. Follow prescription directions carefully, and consult your doctor or pharmacist to explain details. Take Pravastatin exactly as directed and do not deviate from labelled prescription amounts. Your doctor may start with low dosage of Pravastatin and gradually increased dosage, not exceeding once every 4 weeks. Persist with Pravastatin even if there is relief.
Pravastatin may cause certain side effects. Consult your doctor if any of these symptoms occur and persist
|Heartburn||Muscle Pain, Tenderness, or Weakness|
|Loss of appetite||Nausea|
Before taking Pravastatin:
- Consult doctor and pharmacist about any existing allergies.\Consult doctor and pharmacist about any medications or supplements you might be under.
- If you are under cholestyramine or colestipol medication, take them 4 hours before or after Pravastatin. Antacids are to be taken an hour before Pravastatin.
- Inform doctor about alcohol intake and medical history, especially about any liver disease ? Consult your doctor about pregancy either existing or planned.
- Breastfeeding should be avoided.
- If you are to undergo surgery, including dental, inform the doctor or dentist about Pravastatin usage.
If there is overdose, or the victim is incapacitated, or has breathing problems, inform doctor or call local emergency services.
In case of missed dose, take the missed dose on remembering it. However, if the next dose is due, then skip the missed dose and continue with regular schedule of dosage. Do not take double doses to compensate for the missed ones.
Keep medication in container, tightly closed, and out of the reach of children. Store at room temperatures and keep away from heat and moisture. Do consult pharmacist or doctor about proper disposal of outdated drugs.