Terbinafine Tablets are used to treat fungal infections of the toenail and fingernail. Terbinafine is in a class of medications called antifungals. It works by stopping the growth of fungi.
How to Use
Terbinafine is available in tablet form & is to be consumed orally. It is necessary to follow your doctors instruction carefully for the doses. Also ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part of the prescription that you do not understand.
Common Brand Name
Terbinafine may cause side effects that have visible symptoms like:
- Upset stomach
- Stomach pain
- Changes in taste or loss of taste
Before taking terbinafine :
- Convey your doctor if you are allergic to terbinafine or any other similar medications while being prescribed for.
- Also discuss regarding the prescription and nonprescription medicines you are taking.
- Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease, human immuno deficiency virus (HIV), or acquired immuno deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Inform if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking terbinafine, call your doctor. Terbinafine should not be taken while breast-feeding.
In case of overdose seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible but if it's time for the next dose then take the present dose.
Keep this medication tightly closed in the container it came in, at room temperature, away from excess heat and moisture and out of reach of children.
C-2/009, RUTU ESTATE, PATLI PADA, G.B. ROAD, Thane, Maharashtra, 400607, India